We are super excited to see the efforts made by our leaders to give up a few hours of air conditioned comfort and time with family in order to experience the front lines to pick up stinky trash on a hot and sticky Sunday morning.
“Once a person has participated in a cleanup, their awareness is permanently altered.” Kinzie
Even if this was a coordinated PR event, it has an impact. #bethechange
Long term solutions
- Share information about the impact of our daily choices
- Collaborate with marine conservation green groups
- Coordinate with mainland counterparts
Get involved and think about these things
- How does the local population feel about the rubbish?
- What needs to be done to prevent trash going in the sea
- More recycle bins on the waterfront
- Banning single use plastics from the coastal edges
- Install drinking fountains along at public beaches
- Advice to restaurants in about dangers of polystyrene
A few simple questions
- What alternatives can be used instead of plastic?
- How can we better collect used plastic packaging?
- How can we encourage recycling the plastic?
Posts from the event