Hey Hong Kong —
Last winter was a cold one – especially for those living on the streets.
Let’s use our resources to get a ton of warm clothing for the homeless in HK.
Work together and use our resources to collect and delivering warm clothing for homeless in Hong Kong.
Here’s the plan …
1. Start gathering your clothing donations
2. Drop them off at one of our collection locations or bring them to Dream Like Bubbles on December 17.
3. On December 17, we will meet at Dream Like Bubbles in Kennedy Town to prepare the clothing from 12-4pm.
4. At 4pm, we will break into teams and deliver the clothing to all the big homeless camps in Hong Kong.
5. After dropping off the clothing, we will gather at Devil’s Advocate in Wanchai for food/drinks. A very generous donation from each F&B purchase will go towards dinner and laundry vouchers for the homeless.
Clothing Collection Points
1. Rula Bula in Lan Kwai Fong, 58-62 D’Aguilla Street. Central
2. Cava in Sai Kung, 54 Po Tung Road, Sai Kung
3. Unirich Jewellery, 2 Sung Ping Street, Hung Hom
Homeless Camps Supported
– Sham Shui Po
– Kwun Tong
– Sai Wan Ho/Shau Kei Wan
– North Point
– Fortress Hill
– Happy Valley
– Sheung Wan/Sai Ying Pun
*If you know of another area, please let us know.
We will also accept donations of children’s clothing
We will donate children’s clothing to a top charity or two supporting children in need
For young children’s clothing, 5 years old and under, we will donate to Pathfinders charity.
Let’s show those in need how so many people do care for them.
Thanks for your support!
UPDATE : 25 November
Great job collecting and donating your clothes so far. I just got to Rula Bula and they have a lot of bags full.
We will have signs posted up at our location, Dream Like Bubbles, with the different locations we will be serving on that day with the estimated number of homeless people in that area.
We will take the clothing and put together sets of clothing according to sizes. For example, a M (medium) jacket, M sweater, M shirt and M trousers.
Then we will fold that clothing set and tie it together with yarn.
The goal is to make enough clothing care packages to support all of our homeless camps and individuals. Locations and numbers to be announced later.
The majority of our women’s clothing will go to Vision First and our children’s products will go to Pathfinders Charity.
Getting this all sorted on the day and then delivered to all the locations will obviously be a huge job.
We are really hoping to have around 100 volunteers on the day! So please support if you can! The more the better.
Our volunteers will divide into teams and then break away to pass out the donations to one or more locations. For example, some may support the homeless in Happy Valley and some may go to Yau Ma Tei.
The further away the location, the earlier you will leave Dream Like Bubbles.
After finishing the handout, you’re all invited to Devils Advocate to celebrate our accomplishment and also to raise money for dinners and very important laundry vouchers for the homeless.
Devils Advocate will have a happy hour with a generous donation from every drink and food item be donated to this cause.
If you’re still reading, thank you — I’m very grateful for your support.
Thanks to you, this handout is going to show a lot of people that they are thought of and cared for